A birthstone is a gemstone or crystal that belongs to your month of birth. The month in which you were born and the associated zodiac sign determine your birthstone. According to experts, your birthstone has special properties and gives its wearer protection, strength, good health and support.
More than one birthstone is attributed to some months of the year. By carrying your birthstone with you as a jewel (necklace, ring, earrings or bracelet), your birthstone works as a talisman or amulet .
Birth jewelry has been given as gifts for centuries. People believed that they protect you from evil and keep you free from disease. Even today many people carry a birthstone with them. Birth jewelry is also very trendy.
In this article you can read more about which birthstone suits your birth month.
January Birthstone: Garnet
The birthstone associated with the month of January is garnet .
- Garnet has a deep red color
- Garnet belongs to the zodiac signs Sagittarius, Capricorn and Aquarius
- Garnet has a strong healing and comforting effect. Garnet dissolves blockages and inhibitions and strengthens willpower. The stone gives hope, courage, optimism and meaning in life. Garnet is also the stone of travelers and protects you along the way.
- Did you know this? The name garnet refers to the seed of the pomegranate.
February Birthstone: Amethyst
The birthstone associated with the month of February is amethyst .
- Amethyst has a purple color
- Amethyst belongs to the zodiac signs sagittarius, aquarius and pisces
- Amethyst is an extremely powerful and protective stone with a high spiritual vibration. The stone protects against negative energy and converts it into love. It is a healing & calming stone that relaxes the mind. Amethyst strengthens relationships and gives its wearer courage.
- Did you know this? When amethyst is heated (artificially or by natural processes deep under the earth), the stone becomes translucent green in color.
March Birthstone: Aquamarine and Bloodstone
The birthstones associated with the month of March are aquamarine and bloodstone.
- Aquamarine has a clear blue color
- Aquamarine belongs to the zodiac signs Libra, Scorpio, Aquarius and Pisces
- Aquamarine is quite a precious gemstone. It is a spiritual stone that has a calming and purifying effect on the body and mind. Aquamarine balances the chakras and aura. The stone contains healing powers for the heart, liver and stomach.
- Did you know this? In the past, seafarers wore an aquamarine talisman in the form of the God Neptune for protection.
Another stone that belongs to the month of March is bloodstone or heliotrope , a green stone with red spots. Bloodstone has a protective, grounding and calming effect. The stone helps you to set boundaries and to shield yourself from negative influences.
Gemstone set Aquarius€ 14,99
April birthstone: diamond white topaz and rock crystal
The birthstones associated with the month of April are diamond, white topaz and rock crystal.
- Diamond is usually colorless, but can also be yellow, brown, green, blue, pink and red
- Diamond belongs to the zodiac signs aries and lion
- Diamond is quite a precious gemstone. The stone symbolizes eternal love and is often used in engagement rings. Diamond has a very powerful energy and strengthens your connection with Divine and higher energies. The stone promotes spiritual insights and clairvoyance. The stone is connected to the forehead chakra (6th) & crown chakra (7th).
- Did you know this? In combination with other stones, diamond enhances the effect of the other stones.
White Topaz or pure topaz symbolizes love and affection. The stone attracts luck, prosperity and love and helps you make your dreams come true. This healing stone reduces stress and depression and provides clear insight. The stone belongs to birth month April and the constellations ram and bull
Another stone that belongs to the month of April is crystal quartz . Crystal quartz is a strong energetic stone that brings positive and vitalizing energy. The stone has healing & cleansing properties that purifies the body and balances the seven chakras. The stone belongs to the constellations Aries and Taurus.
Birthstone May: emerald, moldavite and chrysopra ash
The birthstones associated with the month of May are emerald, moldavite and chrysopra ash.
- Emerald has an intense green color
- Emerald belongs to zodiac sign taurus
- Emerald represents unconditional love and compassion. The stone opens your heart, strengthens friendship and unity with your partner. The stone activates the heart chakra and stimulates inspiration, openness, sincerity and positivity.
- Did you know this? Emerald was one of Cleopatra’s favorite gems.
Chrysoprase is an emerald chalcedony and, because of its green color, belongs to the heart chakra. The stone has a calming and comforting effect and helps you stay positive during difficult periods. The stone gives you a sense of security and safety.
Another stone associated with the month of May is malachite. Malachite has a strong protective power. The stone protects against negative energy as well as electromagnetic radiation and earth rays. The stone belongs to the zodiac signs Scorpio and Sagittarius.
Moldavite belongs to the constellations of bull and twins. This stone acts on the Heart Chakra, has powerful healing properties and helps you release negative emotions. The stone helps you communicate about your feelings. Moldavite stimulates spiritual growth, promotes intuition and helps to balance body and mind.
Birthstone June: pearl, moonstone and alexandrite
The birthstones associated with the month of June are pearl, moonstone and alexandrite.
- Pearl has a white color
- Pearl belongs to zodiac sign libra
- Pearls are strongly linked to the moon and the feminine intuition. Also known as ‘tears of happiness’, they bring calm, peace and enlightenment to their wearer. They help to balance emotionally.
- Did you know this? In ancient Greece, pearls were believed to be the petrified tears of Aphrodite, the Goddess of love.
Another white stone associated with the month of June is moonstone. Rainbow Moonstone has a strong feminine energy and is strongly connected to the moon. The stone represents intuition, feeling, love and fertility. The stone belongs to the zodiac signs Gemini, Cancer, Virgo and Pisces.
Alexandrite is the third stone associated with the month of June. The color of alexandrite ranges from red to green and can change color under the influence of light. Alexandrite is a rare stone and brings its wearer happiness, self-respect and self-worth. The stone strengthens the will and inspires the imagination. It is the stone of regeneration and aids in inner transformation.
Birthstone July: ruby and carnelian
The birthstones associated with the month of June are ruby and carnelian.
- Ruby is brown-black to pink-red
- Ruby belongs to the zodiac signs aries, cancer, lion and capricorn .
- Ruby is a strong activating stone. The stone gives courage, strength and energy. It is the stone of life force, love, passion and inner fire. The stone protects its wearer from evil.
- Did you know this? Ancient Hindus believed that ruby was the king of gems and offered the stone to the god Krishna.
Carnelian has a joyful and uplifting energy. This stone provides balance and tranquility in times of stress and tension. Carnelian keeps its wearer motivated and focused so that they achieve their goals. The stone supports passion and drive and makes courageous when you need it.
Birthstone August: peridote, spinel, jade and sardonyx
The birthstones associated with the month of August are peridote, sardonyx, jade and spinel.
- Peridot has a green transparant color.
- Peridot belongs to zodiac signs lion and virgo
- Peridot is a protective stone and stands for growth and personal development. The stone brings harmony, good health, reduces tension and ensures a good night’s sleep.
- Did you know this? According to a Hawaiian legend, peridot crystals found in volcanic ash are the tears of the Goddess Pele.
Spinel also belongs to the month of August and is sometimes called the “stone of immortality” . The stone brings renewal and rejuvenation and activates the base chakra. Spinel gives strength and courage in difficult situations and offers new perspectives. The stone reduces stress, anxiety and dejection.
Sardonyx helps you to see the deeper meaning of things and allows you to look at things from a distance. The stone helps its wearer accept life as it is and gives self-confidence, stability and happiness.
Another stone that is also associated with the month of August is jade. Jade is a cleansing and protective stone. Jade attracts luck, prosperity, success and wealth. The stone opens the Heart Chakra, promotes (self) love and creativity. The stone belongs to the zodiac signs Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.
Birthstone September: sapphire, iolite and lapis lazuli
The birthstones associated with the month of September are sapphire, iolite and lapis lazuli.
- Sapphire is usually blue, but can also be purple, white, pink, black, green, or yellow.
- Sapphire belongs to zodiac sign libra
- Sapphire is a powerful stone and brings prosperity, sanity, wisdom and insight. The stone also stands for fidelity and friendship in love relationships and protects its wearer from unwanted thoughts.
- Did you know this? In the past, it was believed that the stone protected against poisoning and could even kill a poisonous snake.
Iolite, also called water sapphire, was very popular with the Vikings. The color ranges from light to dark blue. It is a spiritual stone that enhances intuition. The stone helps you to walk your own path and look for who you really are. The stone enhances creativity and acts on the Throat chakra (5th), the forehead chakra (6th) and the crown chakra (7th). It is the stone of the month for September.
Another stone associated with the month of September is lapis lazuli . Lapis lazuli is a strong spiritual stone. The stone brings its wearer wisdom, enlightenment, insight and inner peace. The stone belongs to the zodiac signs Taurus, Virgo and Scorpio.
Birthstone October: opal, (pink) tourmaline and rose quartz
The birthstones associated with the month of October are opal, (pink) tourmaline and rose quartz.
- Opal is white, yellow, pink, orange, light blue or black
- Opal belongs to zodiac signs Gemini, Leo, Virgo and Libra
- Opal is an emotional stone that enhances emotions and releases inhibitions. This promotes communication with others. The stone is strongly activating and brings cheerfulness, zest for life and optimism.
- Did you know this? It used to be believed that a necklace with opal protected against evil. The name comes from the Latin word opalus and means ‘precious jewel’.
Tourmaline is a protective and cleansing stone. The stone brings balance between body and mind. Tourmaline can offer support during difficult periods in your life. The stone calms you and lets you live from your feelings.
Another stone associated with the month of September is rose quartz . The stone of love opens the heart chakra and helps to give & receive love. This ensures inner peace and harmony and makes you aware of your own vulnerability. The stone belongs to the zodiac signs Taurus, Capricorn and Pisces.
Gemstone set Libra€ 14,99
Birthstone November: yellow topaz and citrine
The birthstones associated with the month of November are yellow topaz and citrine.
- Topaz is red, yellow, white, gray, green, blue or orange
- Topaz belongs to zodiac signs taurus, sagittarius and libra
- Topaz is a symbol of love and affection. The stone attracts luck, prosperity and love and helps you make your dreams come true.
- Did you know this? The ancient Greeks believed that an amulet with topaz could make its wearer invisible.
Another stone associated with the month of November is citrine . Citrine is a yellow quartz type. This sunny stone brings confidence, self-esteem, energy and joie de vivre to its wearer. The stone gives courage and attracts luck, prosperity, success and wealth. The stone belongs to the zodiac signs Gemini and Scorpio.
Gemstone set Libra€ 14,99
Birthstone December: turquoise, tanzanite, blue zircon and blue topaz
The birthstones associated with the month of December are turquoise, tanzanite, blue topaz and blue zircon.
- Turquoise is green-blue
- Turquoise belongs to zodiac signs aquarius, sagittarius and pisces
- Turquoise is a protective and spiritual gemstone. The stone has a calming effect on the mind and brings inner peace. The stone works as a talisman and protects its wearer against negative energy from the outside.
- Did you know this? It used to be believed that a ring with turquoise could ward off evil.
Another stone that belongs to the month of December is blue topaz . Topaz is a symbol of love and affection. The stone attracts luck, prosperity and love and helps you make your dreams come true. The stone belongs to the zodiac signs Taurus, Sagittarius and Libra.
Blue zircon stone clears your mind. This gemstone brings back purity and purifies dark energy. The stone brings prosperity and is worn as a talisman on distant journeys. The stone should not be confused with zirconia, a man-made stone.
Tanzanite is a variety of zoisite, comes from Tanzania and has a purple-blue color. Tanzanite gemstones are said to have a deep connection to the earth. the stone promotes peace, relaxation and self-reflection.
Gemstone set Aquarius€ 14,99