Birthstone September. What is your birthstone if you were born in September? A birthstone is a gemstone or crystal that belongs to your birth month.
The month you were born and the zodiac sign that goes with it determine your birthstone. According to experts, your birthstone has special properties and gives its wearer protection, strength, good health and support.
More than one birthstone is attributed to some months of the year. By wearing your birthstone with you as jewelry (necklace, ring, earrings or bracelet), your birthstone acts as a talisman or amulet.
Birth jewelry has been given as gifts for centuries. People believed that they protect you from evil and keep you free from disease. Even today many people carry a birthstone with them. Birth jewelry is also very trendy.
The birthstones associated with the month of September are sapphire, iolite and lapis lazuli.
- Sapphire is usually blue, but can also be purple, white, pink, black, green, or yellow.
- Sapphire belongs to zodiac sign libra
- Sapphire is a powerful stone and brings prosperity, sanity, wisdom and insight. The stone also stands for fidelity and friendship in love relationships and protects its wearer from unwanted thoughts.
- Did you know this? In the past, it was believed that the stone protected against poisoning and could even kill a poisonous snake.
Sapphire is traditionally the birthstone for September and has deep roots in tradition and symbolism:
- Tradition and Historical Significance: The choice of sapphire as a birthstone for September dates back to ancient civilizations, such as the Romans and Egyptians, who valued sapphire for its beauty and spiritual significance. The deep blue color of sapphire is often associated with heaven and royalty, and it was considered a stone of protection and spiritual enlightenment.
- Symbolic Meaning: Sapphire symbolizes truth, loyalty, wisdom and purity. It is considered a stone that clarifies the mind and promotes inner peace. These traits fit well with the meaning of September, which is often associated with wisdom, reflection and personal growth.
- Spiritual Significance: Sapphire has strong spiritual connotations and is often associated with the throat chakra, which is associated with communication and self-expression. It is seen as a stone that helps the wearer express thoughts and emotions in a clear and calm manner.
- Cultural Significance: In various cultures, sapphire is associated with kingship and nobility. It is a stone of majesty and is often used in royal jewelry and crown jewels. As a result, the wearer of sapphire is associated with prestige and dignity.
Sapphire, with its deep blue color and spiritual significance, remains a timeless and meaningful birthstone for September. It often symbolizes attributes such as wisdom, loyalty and truth, which can enrich the meaning of this month for those who consider it their birthstone.
Iolite, also called water sapphire, was very popular with the Vikings. The color ranges from light to dark blue. It is a spiritual stone that enhances intuition. The stone helps you to walk your own path and look for who you really are. The stone enhances creativity and acts on the Throat chakra (5th), the forehead chakra (6th) and the crown chakra (7th). It is the stone of the month for September.
Iolite is a beautiful gemstone with a striking blue-violet color and is often associated with qualities such as intuition, insight and inspiration. Some believe that wearing iolite can help boost creativity and improve mental clarity.
Although iolite is not the most common birthstone for September, it can be a meaningful choice for some people because of its spiritual and symbolic properties. It is always important to remember that choosing a birthstone ultimately depends on personal preference and interpretation, and there is room for diversity in the world of gemstones and their meanings.
Another stone associated with the month of September is lapis lazuli . Lapis lazuli is a strong spiritual stone. The stone brings its wearer wisdom, enlightenment, insight and inner peace. The stone belongs to the constellations taurus, virgo and scorpio.
Lapis lazuli is traditionally the birthstone for the month of September. This choice is rooted in ancient traditions and symbolism, and the association between lapis lazuli and September has to do with both historical and symbolic aspects:
- Historical Significance:Lapis lazuli has a long history of use in jewelry, art and religious objects, dating back thousands of years. Ancient civilizations, such as the Egyptians and Sumerians, valued lapis lazuli for its deep blue color and often used it for decorative and ceremonial purposes.
- Symbolic Meaning: The deep blue color of lapis lazuli is often associated with the sky and the cosmos. It is considered a stone of wisdom, truth and inner strength. Lapis lazuli is known for stimulating self-expression, creativity and communication. These traits fit well with September, which is associated with knowledge, learning and personal growth because it often represents the beginning of the academic year.
- Spiritual Significance: Lapis lazuli is also associated with activating the throat chakra, which can lead to improved communication and expression of thoughts and feelings. In the spiritual world, lapis lazuli is sometimes used to promote spiritual insights and awareness, which can tie in with the idea of personal growth and development.
- Culture and History: The tradition of assigning birthstones to months has evolved and varied in different cultures and eras. In some traditions, lapis lazuli has long been chosen as the birthstone for September, and this association has endured.
Lapis lazuli, with its beautiful blue color and historical significance, remains a significant and traditional birthstone for September. It often symbolizes attributes such as wisdom, truth and communication, which can enrich the meaning of this month for those who consider it their birthstone.
Shop birthstone september
Shop birthstone jewelry
In our shop you will find the nicest gifts for every occasion and budget!
At Crystals by Lina, we only work with Natural Gemstones. We have original gifts for pregnancy, gifts for mom, gems for baby, gems for friendship, gems for protection, gems for children, gems for your zodiac sign, gems for love, gems for grief and mourning, gems for students and gems against stress. We also have the most beautiful gemstone gifts with chakra stones and gemstones for mindfulness meditation.
We also have a beautiful collection of silver jewelry with gemstones – 100% sterling silver. Our gold plated and gold vermeil jewelry has a core of 100% silver 925. Our motto: “You’re real, so is your jewelry!
How about a beautiful pair of gemstone earrings or ear studs, a beautiful silver gemstone bracelet with sparkling gemstones or a silver gemstone ring. Our collection of gemstone necklaces and pendants features popular gemstones such as moonstone, amethyst and rose quartz. Also check out our beautiful collection of birthstone jewelry.